19 December 2013

Christmas poem from David R


INTEGRATION

 

I’m grateful for benefaction

It’s a simple way of saying

You make a difference in my life

The love we’re all conveying

Christmas is for families

For friends and close acquaintances

To get together share a plate

And be granted second chances

Integration is the cornerstone

That glues us all together

The writers group’s a family

In bright and stormy weather

Another year has slipped away

Are they really speeding up

We’re here today to celebrate

And share a cake and cup

There’s Terry Cath and Jo Jo too

Margaret Trish Helene and Garry

David C Wendy Geoff and Melissa

And my god and Holy Mary

There also is Leonie

Lynn and Robyn K

Elizabeth and Fifi

And others that got away

To every single one of you

Each and every treasured friend

You make my life complete

And sometimes drive me round the bend

 

Ó

 

David Rudder

14th December 2013

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment